[FFmpeg-devel] yadif frame doubling - incorrect closed captioning

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Mon Jan 14 20:43:45 EET 2019

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 12:45 PM Michael Niedermayer
<michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:
> well, there are other types of side data too. for example motion
> vectors would need to be updated on crop depending on which rectangle
> is croped out

Ah, yes, of course.  I thought we were just discussing captions.

So are you proposing a single general utility function which you would
pass AVFrames, and it would perform changes to any side data that is
present (e.g. captions, MVs, etc)?  I had assumed we would introduce a
function specific to captions, which can be reused without having an
underlying AVFrame.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs