[FFmpeg-devel] Proposal: Homebrew tap for FFmpeg

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Fri Feb 8 23:08:55 EET 2019

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019, at 11:27 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

> Also, the AUR recipe does not push for non-free packages.

The proposed homebrew formulae will not push for non-free packages. It will simply provide the options for the user to enable two non-free components (openssh and fdk-aac currently) if they desire. They have to be explicitly enabled by the user by manually including the appropriate option, such as "--with-fdk-aac".

> Source code requires compilation and steps. You must know what you are
> doing when you enable --non-free, after cloning the source.
> Not if it is done automatically in homebrew or another way.

I do not believe the homebrew recipe will automatically enable any non-free components. Refer to "def install" in the draft formulae provided by Werner in this thread.