[FFmpeg-devel] configure: Fix decklink license dependency

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Feb 8 11:17:44 EET 2019

Hello,

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019, at 09:01, Elliott Balsley wrote:
> > On Jan 30, 2019, at 12:53, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Imo, it is different in (nearly) every regard but as said, I don't see
> > how this discussion can be fruitful in any way.
> >
> If anyone else has an opinion, I would love to learn why Nvidia driver
> is considered a system library under GPL while Decklink driver is not.
> They are both closed source drivers required to run a hardware device.
> Nvidia driver is required to use nvenc, which does not need the nonfree
> flag.

Decklink SDK has a very weird EULA + headers license that makes it very dubious that it is free.
Decklink refuses to clarify for now. That warrants a non-free flag.
I know it's very weird, since the SDK has the source code of some of the kernel modules (but not of the glue).

Nvenc is different and has clear headers, and well known driver.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734