[FFmpeg-devel] Proposal: Homebrew tap for FFmpeg

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 19:28:10 EET 2019

On 07/02/2019 16:43, Werner Robitza wrote:
> Several people have already volunteered in this thread (Reto, Kyle and
> me), as well as the author of this formula (with whom I've had offline
> discussions), which we can use as a starting point:
> https://github.com/varenc/homebrew-ffmpeg-with-options/blob/master/Formula/ffmpeg.rb
> (mentioned in my original post).

I haven't seen anyone object to hosting it as a separate repo on our infra,
but I also didn't see anyone who maintains our infra reply... maybe Michael
has opinions.

I think it's a good idea to have a known 'good' homebrew recipe... I've
seen a lot of projects get ... interesting... bugs filed against them
that only occurred because of weird ports/homebrew/etc builds.

- Derek