[FFmpeg-devel] Server upgrades

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Feb 6 17:08:23 EET 2019

On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 02:50:02PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On 6 February 2019 11:46:52 CET, Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:
> >On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 05:03:02PM +0000, Eoff, Ullysses A wrote:
>
> >> I'm getting an ssl error
> >> with pwclient today.  This is the first time I've tried using
> >pwclient since this
> >> upgrade, so not sure if it's related.
> >>
> >> ssl.SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify
> >failed (_ssl.c:726)
> >
> >There is also a new lets encrypt certificate, these expire frequently
> >The problem probably is that the server didnt sent the full chain of
> >certificates
> >ive manually made a certificate that works now but reimars script needs
> >an update so it cats all the certs of the chain together. (ccing reimar
> >for this) or maybe someone knows a cleaner way to make nginx use more
> >than
> >1 as apache supports.
>
> Where does patchwork take the certificate from?

The only reference i found is /nginx/sites-available/patchwork.conf

> Does it try to use the apache one?

it uses what the scripts generate well, half of it.
I tried a few variants with seperate chain and cert but nothing worked
and timos reply sounds like seperate files are not the way to go

> As I remember, apache actually wants certificate and chain separately, so we might need to create and use 2 different ones (even if the difference is just a cat command or so).

> If nobody has any ideas I can try to have a look tonight.

I assume this requires just a single cat commmand to be added to your script

thanks