[FFmpeg-devel] Access to the dolby vision decoder info

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 21:56:00 EET 2019

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 8:42 PM Gresserman Dmitrij
<Dmitrij.Gresserman at loewe.de> wrote:

> The main motivation of the patch is to provide the complete structure of the Dolby Vision Configuration Box and decoder configuration record (dvcC/dvvC) and the DOVI Video Stream Descriptor. This provided structure can be parsed now and used (for example in dump.c) to indicate if a dolby vision stream is part of the analyzed file. Furthermore the profile and type of the dolby vsion sub streams can be displayed now.
>
> The information of the origin is needed to parse the provided structure. The Descriptor and the Boxes have at this point nearly equal structures, but the reserved size varies significantly. So it may become releveant to know the origin of the provided structure in the future, therefore i added the prefixes.

We try to define full structures for our side-data types, and not just
copy opaque info from the bitstream into it.
So I would suggest to actually create a struct for it (in avutil,
similar to other HDR metadata), and parsing both blocks into the
structurure. This would make using and understanding the structs from
API users much easier.

side data structures are also designed to be extensible in the future,
so if new fields are being added from the reserved space, we can
extend the structures and add them.

This would then automatically resolve any ambiguity between the
structs from different containers.

- Hendrik