[FFmpeg-devel] libavcodec: add timeshift bitstream filter [v3]

Andreas Håkon andreas.hakon at protonmail.com
Sat Aug 10 21:05:54 EEST 2019

Hi Gyan and Nicolas,

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, 10 de August de 2019 17:13, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

> Gyan (12019-08-10):
>
> > Since both pts and dts are altered, avoid pts only labels.
>
> Dissenting opinion: PTS is the important thing, and there are lot of
> places where we says PTS because TS is ambiguous (Transport Stream?).
> DTS is just an annoying technical tidbit that goes with PTS.
>
> Regards,

I agree with Nicolas: the change of the DTS value is a consequence of changing
the PTS value, as the second is correlated with the first. It doesn't have sense
to change only one (at least, as far as a bitstream filter is concerned).

So my preference is to overcome "TS" in the name of this filter.

In any case, I prefer to listening more comments from others: "timeshift",
"pts_offest" or "editpts"?

Regards.
A.H.

---