[FFmpeg-devel] libavcodec: add timer bitstream filter [v2]

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 7 01:24:33 EEST 2019

Hi Andreas!

On 2019-08-05 17:25 +0000, Andreas HÃ¥kon wrote:
> On Monday, 5 de August de 2019 17:31, Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:

[...]

> > > +static const AVClass timer_class = {
> > > +   .class_name = "timer",
> >
> > In about half of the existing BSFs, this would be called "timer_bsf". I
> > don't care, I just look at other existing code. ;-)
> >

> Good point! Other bitstream filters have this. I'll update it.
> Thank you!

Sorry for the noise. IIRC the naming was previously discussed.
Can't remember the details right now. Unfortunately I don't have
any good name suggestions too :(

This is no objections, but at least to me the name timer sounds
like some autonomous unit/process that can interrupt/call your
process on defined/configured/subscribed intervals. Maybe it's
just me...

...what do others think?

  Alexander