[FFmpeg-devel] native mode in FFmpeg DNN module

Pedro Arthur bygrandao at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 17:43:15 EEST 2019

Hi,

Em sex, 19 de abr de 2019 às 05:41, Guo, Yejun <yejun.guo at intel.com> escreveu:

> Option 2)
> Write c code in FFmpeg to convert tensorflow file format (format 1) directly into memory representation (format 3), and so we controls everything in ffmpeg community. And the conversion can be extended to import more file formats such as torch, darknet, etc. One example is that OpenCV uses this method.
>
> The in memory representation (format 3) can still be current.

Option 2 would be ideal, as it does not introduce any dependency for
using the native backend.
Yet I'm not sure  how complex implementing the tf model reader can be,
If I remember correctly the student said it was not trivial at the
time.

Is the tf model file stable? if not it will be a maintenance burden to
keep it working whenever tf releases a new version. This point makes
me think having control over our file format is good.