[FFmpeg-devel] Patchwork attribution

Andreas Rheinhardt andreas.rheinhardt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 03:05:00 EEST 2019

Hello,

Gyan:

> Patchwork can incorrectly assign ownership. See
> https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/patch/12680/
>
> The author is Sam John as identified by Message ID as well as the From
> field in the headers, yet Patchwork attributes this patch to "Oliver
> Collyer via ffmpeg-devel", a name which appears nowhere in the headers
> or in the submitted patch. The downloaded mbox patch shows the same
> wrong attribution. Does anyone know what's going on?
>
> Gyan

I just saw that I was affected by this: One of my commits
(18a851aca766ff8c7199c9e0c37d8fa642e41920) has a "via ffmpeg-devel"
author and the majority of patches attributed to Oliver Collyer via
ffmpeg-devel on patchwork are actually from me. I have now found out
that gmail.com and googlemail.com -- despite behaving as aliases in
lots of ways -- actually have different DMARC policies:
v=DMARC1; p=none; sp=quarantine;
rua=mailto:mailauth-reports at google.com for gmail.com vs. v=DMARC1;
p=quarantine; sp=quarantine; rua=mailto:mailauth-reports at google.com
for googlemail.com and have therefore switched my account to
gmail.com. Will hopefully work fine now. But now I am unsure whether I
should resend my patchsets?

- Andreas