[FFmpeg-devel] Patchwork attribution

Gyan ffmpeg at gyani.pro
Thu Apr 18 16:30:45 EEST 2019

On 18-04-2019 06:13 PM, Hendrik Leppkes wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 12:41 PM Gyan <ffmpeg at gyani.pro> wrote:
>> Ok.  Then shouldn't it assign 'Sam John via ffmpeg-devel' as the author?
>> It did do that for 'Oliver Collyer via ffmpeg-devel', the string wrongly
>> substituted here.
>> This looks like a parser failure in Patchwork.
>>
> All of those patches with re-written senders are send from the same
> email, ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org
> Presumably patchwork only sends the email itself, not the name, and as
> such assumes this is the same person.

In git master of patchwork, I see that if a different name is provided
for the same email, this new name is updated in the Person db object and
used.

See
https://github.com/getpatchwork/patchwork/blob/c4eca471a4a2cc3a2438e3ee6061df8988a251a6/patchwork/parser.py#L365

Introduced in v2.1.1. Which version are we using?

Gyan