[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC 0/6] Add V4L2 request API hwaccels

Mark Thompson sw at jkqxz.net
Mon Apr 8 23:41:59 EEST 2019

On 08/04/2019 21:09, Jonas Karlman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is a request for comments on a new hwaccel using the V4L2 request API
> that was created in collaboration with Jernej Skrabec.
>
> The V4L2 ctrls needed for statless decoding is not yet stable and reside in
> private kernel headers. This patchset adds a copy of the kernel private headers
> needed for the hwaccel to compile.

When is the interface likely to become stable?

I don't think including kernel headers here is a good idea.  Please just check for appropriate headers - if the user is capable of building this then they can also install the headers for their kernel.

If I wanted to buy a single Allwinner SBC to test this on, what should I get?

Thanks,

- Mark