[FFmpeg-devel] prores_ks: use CodecContext for color information if specified

Martin Vignali martin.vignali at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 14:55:52 EEST 2018

Le mer. 10 oct. 2018 à 17:13, Marc-Antoine ARNAUD <
arnaud.marcantoine at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I have updated the patch with our discussion.
> It took information only from the codec context.
>
> Marc-Antoine
>
> Hello,

If i correctly understand (which is not sure :-) :

the colorspace for AVCodecContext, is when all frame use the same colorspace

The colorspace in AVFrame, manage the case where colorspace can not be the
same inside each frame.
and this info is use inside filtering graph.

If this is correct, then prores encoder need to use AVFrame colorspace for
each frame
and if the colorspace information is wrong, or if user need to set another
one, a filter need to be use to edit the frame (set colorspace information
or convert from one colorspace to another frame by frame)
(Or if just the colorspace metadata inside the compress prores frame need
to be fix,  a bsf can be write to edit frame colorspace properties for
prores frame)

Another way can be to add an option to the prores encoder, to take
colorspace information from CodecContext or from Frame.

But if other people think your way is better,
i will change my patch for prores_aw, in order to use the same way to set
colorspace for each prores frame.

P.S. : Seems like png at least also use AVFrame information instead of
AVCodecContext

Martin