[FFmpeg-devel] avcodec/prores aw improvment

Martin Vignali martin.vignali at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:08:05 EEST 2018

Le mer. 10 oct. 2018 à 11:52, Marc-Antoine ARNAUD <
arnaud.marcantoine at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Great patches ;-)
> I have submit a patch too, regarding colospace in prores:
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2018-October/235034.html
> You have also in your patch 2, the same purpose (take colorspace from
> picture), do you have any objection to take it from the CodecContext as it
> works like that in others codecs ?
>
> Thanks,

No strong opinion about how to manage the colorspace property for prores

But on a Mov Prores file, you can have a colorspace info in the muxer side
(moov atom)
and a colorspace information on each frame (not always the same in each
frame of a file)
(same thing, for interlacing)

Is not very convenient to have these kind of information at two place of a
file
and create various problem, because software doesn't manage these info in
the same way.

I'm not enough familiar, with ffmpeg code, to choose the best option
in order to correctly set or use existing colorspace information :
- in simple decoding/encoding
- when using video filtering / pixel conversion

Martin