[FFmpeg-devel] Mentoring project: music test source

Pedro Arthur bygrandao at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:29:24 EEST 2018

Hi,
Em dom, 30 de set de 2018 às 14:41, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org>
escreveu:

> Hi.
>
> For the next rounds of sponsored internships, I would like to propose
> the following project, that I would mentor:
>
> A music-like audio lavfi source for testing purposes.
>
> That means a deterministic pseudo-random stream of notes with varied
> frequencies, with a structure that looks like music and would trigger
> the same pathways in filters and codecs.

Lately I did some research about fractal music generation using L-Systems.
I'm providing a reference [1] if anyone find it interesting (just searching
it in google give lots of examples).

It basically consists of defining a grammar and applying it to an initial
symbol. Then the result string is interpreted in play a note, pitch
up/down, etc.

[1] -
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/8c2f/caaf3153779ec3e838b416cd6e6d7feecdb9.pdf