[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] New build system

Stephen Hutchinson qyot27 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 09:04:20 EEST 2018

On 6/18/2018 10:36 AM, Tomas Härdin wrote:
> I'm in favor of something changing, because the current slowness is
> simply not acceptable. Messing around when adding a new codec or format
> and having to wait *seven minutes* between attempts when something is
> wrong is a serious motivation killer..
>
> Can't say much about Meson, but CMake+Ninja has been fast enough for my
> needs for a long time.

Any solution that allows using Ninja as the build tool (which both Meson
and CMake do) is fine by me.  Alternative configuration systems just
streamline the process, since they already have the 'generating the
build.ninja control file' part ready to go (and they'd also solve the
'configure takes way too long' issue as well).