[FFmpeg-devel] FFserver refactor and bugfixes

Stephan Holljes klaxa1337 at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 1 22:59:37 EEST 2018

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 9:24 PM, Michael Niedermayer
<michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2018 at 12:23:53AM +0200, Stephan Holljes wrote:
>> This patch series got a bit larger than I hoped, but there were quite
>> some more things to fix. Also a number of these commits are of cosmetic
>> nature.
>
> btw, what are the plans for selftests ? (similar to fate) for ffserver
>
> thanks

That's a good question, I haven't thought too deeply on that. So far
my testing has been rather basic. I simply check if the stream is
playable and I test server-load with a lot of wget processes.
Having a set of standard tests to find regressions is a very good
idea, but I'm not sure how to properly implement it. Given the nature
of multi-threaded programs it's probably impossible to have every test
execute exactly the same, but each run should have the same effects.

Looking at how fate does testing will probably a good starting point.

Thanks for the obvious suggestion I didn't think about!