[FFmpeg-devel] tinterlace license

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 16:14:04 EET 2018

>>> Yes, I wrote one, reinterlace. It implements tinterlace functionality as
>>> it
>>> was on version n3.0.2, without ASM opts.
>>
>> Sorry if you have already answered this question:
>> Can the existing asm optimizations be used with the filter you wrote?
>
> Yes, I can integrate them with my filter.

Then the best solution - imo! - is that you send a patch that adds your
new filter that uses the existing asm optimizations if FFmpeg was
configured for GPL.
First send one patch only adding a new filter (with a new name) to
get some technical review
One possible procedure for a change that can actually be committed
is that you send two patches:
One that removes the existing filter (but not the asm code) and one
that adds your new filter.

Carl Eugen