[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] doc: chromaprint

Gyan Doshi gyandoshi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 18:10:19 EET 2018

On 04-12-2018 09:28 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>>> Sorry for being - once again! - so unclear:
>>> My true concern is of course the wording about libfdk. Yesterday
>>> several people voiced their opinion that libfdk is not compatible
>>> with the LGPL, which we both do not share. But while I will be
>>> completely relaxed once a judge confirms that I am wrong, I
>>> wonder how you will react...
>>
>> FDK-AAC was a product developed by an entity for commercial purposes.
>
> Yes. (how is this related?)

The odds of  worries being realized are vastly different.

But this is getting silly, so I'm out of this thread after this.

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#fdk

>> even if remaining silent about LGPL compatibility.
>
> Then I am even more impressed that you guarantee this
> compatibility!

No guarantees made.

The sentence is,

"To the best of our knowledge, it is compatible with the LGPL."

which is copied from /LICENSE as was pointed out to you in
http://www.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2018-June/231137.html

Gyan