[FFmpeg-devel] Seeking consultancy for ffmpeg video embedding pipeline task

Pi Tao pipad.org at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:44:09 EEST 2018

Dear ffmpeg devs,

I'm looking for someone that can guide me through a simple (Python) AV processing pipeline:

The basic task is:

- to receive a video track and an audio track
- to insert a certain length of black at the start of the video track
- if the audio is longer, to freeze the last frame of the video track until the audio has completed
- to insert content into the audio track
- to merge the audio track into the video track

There are a couple of complications:

- sometimes we receive just a video track, in which case we have to split off the audio Stream and use that
- the content is ultrasonic, so it's important this information is not lost (I believe we can use .aac with .mp4 & tune it)

I have everything coded (in Python) and it's working. However, it's taking a long time to process. I'm fairly sure we are not using ffmpeg optimally.

If there is anyone out there that would be willing to offer consultancy, please do get in touch!  To speed things up, please suggest a consultancy rate and let me know when you might be available (I'm in the UK). I would like to complete this task as soon as possible. We could work over IRC (I'm pi- on #ffmpeg) or Slack. The initial task may only be a couple of hours' work.

Best wishes, and I look forward to hearing from someone!