[FFmpeg-devel] github

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 27 01:50:25 EEST 2018

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 14:41:55 +0200
Daniel Oberhoff <danieloberhoff at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > On 26. Apr 2018, at 14:40, wm4 <nfxjfg at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 14:12:14 +0200
> > Hendrik Leppkes <h.leppkes at gmail.com <mailto:h.leppkes at gmail.com>> wrote:

> >> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/
> >
> > To be fair, I'd prefer the github issue tracker over TRAC any day.
> > Still has the other problems I mentioned.
>
> gitlab?

That would mostly get rid of the centralization argument. But I've
heard bad things from someone who wanted to setup a private instance of
it. Apparently it has a large number of dependencies, is extremely hard
to deploy (unless you use their docker container), and it's SLOW.

In fact even gitlab.com seems to have severe performance problems
occasionally.