[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 3.5 / 4.0

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Fri Apr 13 03:11:44 EEST 2018

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 07:59:25PM -0300, James Almer wrote:
> On 4/12/2018 7:53 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 02:50:08AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Its 4 months since 3.4 was branched so its time for a new major release
> >>
> >> Is 4.0 or 3.5 preferred ?
> >> Any name suggestions ?
> >>
> >> If there are no objections i will likely make that release in the next weeks
> >
> > more time has passed than intended ...
> >
> > what issues do remain that need to be fixed before the release ?
> > I see fate.ffmpeg.org is not looking that well (compared to most
> > releases in the past) i remember this being pretty much green longer ago
> > do people want these to be fixed before the release ?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> I fixed two targets the other day, and another has the patch pending in
> the ml (OpenBSD).

> Then there are your FreeBSD clients that you need to
> switch to yasm,

I can do that, it doesnt feel right though. configure should not pick
a nasm that then fails later.

> and apply the fix to the c11 check in configure.

you want me to apply it ?
or i misunderstand ?

> The kfreebsd failures are for the tests filter-metadata-silencedetect
> and checkasm-aacpsdsp. After a recent patch silencedetect prints float
> values with more precision. Paul said to remove the test and forget
> about it, but no idea if there's a better solution.

of course removing the test is the easy solution.
there is only 1 test for silencedetect, so that would remove not just
one silencedetect test but all silencedetect tests

The test currently uses a amrwb test file which is decoded with a
non bitexact float decoder.
has someone tried to replace this by bitexact input ?

Thanks

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."