[FFmpeg-devel] [GSoC] Qualification task, simple ffserver implementation.

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 12 19:59:54 EEST 2018

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 15:35:45 +0200
Stephan Holljes <klaxa1337 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> This patchset is a new simple implementation of ffserver for a new
> repository. It is basically a port of https://github.com/klaxa/mkvserver_mk2
> The self-implemented fifo buffers have been replaced by AVFifoBuffer.
> Documentation on the architecture is present in a separate file.
> Currently only matroska video and no configuration is supported.
> These features are part of the future work to be done during GSoC.

Doesn't look bad - definitely better than what we'd had if we had kept
the old ffserver.

I don't quite like that it appears to use the libavformat HTTP server
(a thing which I question whether it really should exist), but whatever.

Documentation is a bit lacking.

Does the code assume av_fifo is thread safe? Because last time I
looked, it claimed to be, but wasn't.