[FFmpeg-devel] Added HW accelerated H.264 and HEVC encoding for AMD GPUs based on AMF SDK

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 18:47:14 EEST 2017

> I would like to understand better the nature of the
> concern. The license is MIT.

(I don't think this is correct, but see below.)

> The paragraph in question is a notice, not limiting
> the usage of the SDK.

I don't think this is true (I am not a native speaker
though), imo it sounds as if it limits the usage.
It also may have been written with the intention of
being a little ambiguous.

But this doesn't matter: If the notice is not part of the
license, please ask AMD to remove it from the SDK
- the license gets much, much easier to understand
without the notice.

If you feel 100% safe about removing it, you could
offer the driver software from your github account
without the notice, this would also solve the header
issue.

I cannot comment on the acceptable number (or
size) of external headers.

Please remember not to top-post here, Carl Eugen