[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 3.4

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Oct 8 14:53:13 EEST 2017

On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 12:06:23AM +0200, wm4 wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 16:53:17 +0200
> Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > if there are no objections i will branch release/3.4 in the next days
> > and make the 3.4 release a few days after that
> >
> > If people prefer a specific name, suggest one now, otherwise i will
> > pick a random one from past suggestions
> >
> > If there are features you want in, please push them to
> > master before the release is branched
> > if there are bug fixes you want in please ensure they end in
> > release/3.4 (eiter via master before branching or backport after)
>
> I want hardware decoding things in that release (frame pool info,
> cuvid). I vote the release until this has happened.

Iam not sure what you mean by "I vote the release ..."
please clarify

But i do not think that delaying the release further is what most
developers want. In case thats what you suggest.
The release is already several months behind shedule

Releases should be done "early and often", waiting for "in development"
features will delay a release forever, theres always another feature
on the horizon that someone wants in.

Of course if the majority wants me to wait with the release, its easy
to wait for as long as people want me to wait ...

Thanks

Those who are best at talking, realize last or never when they are wrong.