[FFmpeg-devel] [ogg] Respect AVERROR codes returned by ogg header parsing.

Dale Curtis dalecurtis at chromium.org
Thu Nov 30 22:19:10 EET 2017

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 5:58 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc
> wrote:

> AV_EF_EXPLODE appears to be a possibility, yes
> in general demuxers should try to extract as much as possible from a
> file and not give up if some broken packet is found

I don't think this is a good idea; some of these errors seem fairly fatal
to the overall process. I think instead it's better to write off the sample
you have as being invalid. That said, I defer to your judgement here, so
I've produced both versions of the patch and leave it to your decision.
Chrome is now always using AV_EF_EXPLODE, so either works for our usage.

- dale