[FFmpeg-devel] AMD external header

Timo Rothenpieler timo at rothenpieler.org
Wed Nov 29 18:56:12 EET 2017

> Yeah, I understand that. But the function loading should make only a
> small part of it, and could just be a normal source file. (We do
> ad-hoc function loading for a lot of other stuff too.)
>
> Then we could depend on external, unmodified SDK headers, which someone
> could extract to a git repo, to avoid going through nvidia's broken
> procedures.

The plain headers are also modified, because nvidia did not take a lot
of care about a lot of compilers ffmpeg supports (I fixed various
anonymous structs that failed to compile with for example older gcc).
It also uses types whose size varies between msvc and gcc, which I fixed
to always use the right size on the right OS.