[FFmpeg-devel] Added HW H.264 and HEVC encoding for AMD GPUs based on AMF SDK

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 05:24:45 EET 2017

On 11/27/2017 12:17 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>>> Will the header work for operating systems other than Windows?
>>
>> Why are you asking me? I'm not the author of the patch.
>>
>> And a quick look at the configure change should answer your question.
>
> What I meant was:
> The header currently does not help a relevant number of users
> (it would make Zeranoe's and Hendrik's life a little easier, that's
> all). In the future, it will be useful because AMD plans to provide
> a Linux driver. But I have a feeling that the current header will
> not work for this future driver, meaning adding the header now
> may be counter-productive.

It can easily be adapted for that alongside the configure checks, I'm
sure, much like the Nvidia one was for different needs.

> That's completely apart from the fact that this header file does
> not comply with any style guide while Nvidia's does (from a
> very quick look at both files).

That would be because the Nvidia one was written/adapted by a ffmpeg
developer, who probably paid attention to that.
We can ask Mironov to improve the style in the header he submitted if
that's important.

The avxsynth headers don't follow any style guide either, for that
matter. Indentation is all over the place.