[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] avfilter/vf_cropdetect: change license to LGPL
ffmpeg at tmm1.net
Wed Nov 15 00:35:39 EET 2017
From: Aman Gupta <aman at tmm1.net>
This filter was imported from mplayer's libmpcodecs/vf_cropdetect.c, and
marked as GPL when originally copied over.
On the mplayer side, it was authored originally by arpi and subsequently touched by
the following contributors. See https://github.com/pigoz/mplayer-svn/commits/master/libmpcodecs/vf_cropdetect.c
Of these contributors, all except the last two granted their permission to relicense
mplayer changes to LGPL. See https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/List-of-MPlayer-LGPL-relicensing-agreements
The change by lucabe was to remove an include header, and the change by cehoyos was to
change whitespace. Both are trivial and can be ignored for copyright purposes. See
The import into ffmpeg was done by Stefano Sabatini. It was then touched by the following
contributors, who specifically made changes to the filter. This does not include
commits which changed this file but were part of larger refactorings that changed
lavfi APIs and other LGPL filters as well. See
Paul B Mahol
Carl Eugen Hoyos
The people above are CC'd on this patch for their permission to relicense vf_cropdetect as LGPL.
configure | 1 -
libavfilter/vf_cropdetect.c | 18 +++++++++---------
2 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
diff --git a/configure b/configure
index 3788f26956..c1bdea9fa5 100755
@@ -3185,7 +3185,6 @@ coreimage_filter_extralibs="-framework OpenGL"
cover_rect_filter_deps="avcodec avformat gpl"
diff --git a/libavfilter/vf_cropdetect.c b/libavfilter/vf_cropdetect.c
index 7c7d0b953a..84abbe714c 100644
@@ -2,19 +2,19 @@
* Copyright (c) 2002 A'rpi
* This file is part of FFmpeg.
- * FFmpeg is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
- * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
- * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
- * (at your option) any later version.
+ * FFmpeg is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
+ * modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
+ * License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
+ * version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
* FFmpeg is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
- * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
- * GNU General Public License for more details.
+ * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
+ * Lesser General Public License for more details.
- * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
- * with FFmpeg; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
- * 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
+ * You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
+ * License along with FFmpeg; if not, write to the Free Software
+ * Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
More information about the ffmpeg-devel