[FFmpeg-devel] Filter with external image manupilation?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Jul 5 15:26:24 EEST 2017

On Wed, Jul 05, 2017 at 11:40:49 +0200, Evert Vorster wrote:
> > You can suspend ffmpeg with a signal. But that won't be very precise in
> > terms of timing.
> >
> Ctrl+z? I'll have to educate myself on that. Does this work for encoding,
> too?

Yes, basically, from a controlling shell. I was thinking of that which
it maps to in Unix terms: SIGSTOP and SIGCONT.

So in your script which handles the images:

$ pkill -STOP ffmpeg
or
$ pkill -19 ffmpeg
(or kill -19 $ffmpeg_pid)
$ pkill -CONT ffmpeg
or
$ pkill -18 ffmpeg

> Thank you very much for this valuable information. I will have a play
> with it.

Good luck and let us (or ffmpeg-user) know.

Cheers,
Moritz