[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2017

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Thu Feb 9 02:03:06 EET 2017

On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 09:07:09PM -0200, Pedro Arthur wrote:

> > we need more (backup) mentors, so yes, i think its needed
> >
> > also if you want to be mentor for a swscale related project i would
> > support that idea
>

> Hi, sorry for the late reply.
> I think  implementing a cascade-less swscale could be a good project.
> If you think  it is doable for a GSOC project, I'm fine with it.

It depends on the student, it doesnt sound too complex but students
abilities varies alot and its quite possible there will be noone
interrested in any specific project

> I just doesn't know a good qualification task.

Something which shows that the student can work with the swscale
codebase, not something that is just copy and paste work

Either way, this can be added later

> Yet I can't dedicate much time to it until  March.

thats ok, we wont know before February 27 if FFmpeg is accepted so
there shouldnt be much work to do before

Thanks

Those who are best at talking, realize last or never when they are wrong.