[FFmpeg-devel] Video decoding error asks me to upload video to non-existing site ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/incoming/

compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Wed Feb 1 06:14:50 EET 2017

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 13:09:07 +0100
Thilo Borgmann <thilo.borgmann at mail.de> wrote:

> We mention ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/incoming/ in several places. If it
> is not the place to upload things then these messages should be
> changed accordingly and the preferred way to upload samples need to
> be documented.

currently upload.ffmpeg.org points to streams.videolan.org , videolan
is currently hosting our incoming ftp server access.

videolan has been having trouble with it for a while. you can see posts
on the internet complaining about the automatic vlc bug reporter also
being down because of this.

what we need is someone to run a small ftp drop for large files, i
guess i'll post a patch for the ffmpeg.org page requesting such hosting
temporarily.

-compn