[FFmpeg-devel] Global options to compile FFmpeg with only audio-related features

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 19:14:38 EET 2017

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Derek Buitenhuis <
derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/30/2017 4:00 PM, Cyber Sinh wrote:
> > What do you think?
>
> That patches are welcome :).

Just to be clear: I'm not OK with a list of audio or video thingies in
configure. Similar to the scraping of allcodecs.c, we should be able to
classify them based on their AVMEDIA_TYPE and use that classification
automatically in configure to do what you say.

Just to prevent you from doing a lot of work that won't be upstreamable for
maintenance reasons.

Ronald