[FFmpeg-devel] DVD subtitles hacking

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 04:06:39 EET 2017

> I've tried a variety of convoluted processes to convert DVD
> subtitles to SRT

This does currently not work (in one easy step) with FFmpeg
and is to the best of my knowledge not related to ticket #2391.

The necessary tesseract wrapper already exists but - iiuc -
libavfilter does not yet contain the necessary subtitle code.

You could implement a hack (similar to what the CC code does)
that allows processing the subs but it is likely that the patch
would be rejected because actual subtitle support for libavfilter
is needed.

Carl Eugen