[FFmpeg-devel] Correction to Webpage

Yogender Gupta ygupta at nvidia.com
Thu Dec 14 12:12:24 EET 2017

I would like to correct a couple of lines on the following ffmpeg web page. Can anyone please guide me on how to do it (push patch or raise ticket or edit page)

It is definitely possible to do a complete end to end 10-bit transcode on the GPU pipeline without passing to system memory. I had submitted patches and verified this to work as well.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HWAccelIntro

While decoding 10 bit video is supported, it is not possible to do full hardware transcoding currently (see the partial hardware example below).

Partial hardware transcode, with frames passed through system memory (This is necessary for transcoding 10bit content):

Thanks,
Yogender