[FFmpeg-devel] [mov] Fix trampling of ctts during seeks when sidx support is enabled.

Dale Curtis dalecurtis at chromium.org
Fri Aug 25 03:06:16 EEST 2017

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 2:27 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc
> wrote:

> can the insertions be done in groups instead of one at a time ?
> so that it basically merges 2 lists (O(n)) instead of inserting
> one at a time O(n^2)
> ?
> This would significantly improve the worst case while not needing
> to change the data structures
> (of course iam not against changing the data structures if someone wants
> to do the work)

Unfortunately this is hard / impossible to do if I understand what you're
asking for correctly. Here's my response to the same suggestion from Rodger
above: "We could speculatively move all entries based on the first insert
and total entries count, but their are several conditionals in
av_add_index_entry() which may cause a bail out and such failure would be
unrecoverable (maybe painfully?) if we moved everything ahead of time."

- dale