[FFmpeg-devel] [WIP] libcodec2 wrapper + de/muxer in FFmpeg

Tomas Härdin tjoppen at acc.umu.se
Thu Aug 3 12:18:03 EEST 2017

On Thu, 2017-08-03 at 01:07 +0200, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> > Decoding a .c2 file is straightforward however, thanks to the
> > header:
> >
> >   ffmpeg -i report2074.c2 out.wav
> The probe score is too high.
> I suspect you should also check for the major version,
> the score should be MAX/2 if the first 32bit are ok,
> significantly less for 24bit.

OK, didn't know that. Major being bumped would imply a new API, and
we're not likely to link two versions of the same library. I suspect it
would primarily impact the decoder, not the demuxer. But checking major
== 0 makes sense for now. libcodec2 does not yet expose version in its
headers, but should soon since I pointed that out to them :)

/Tomas