[FFmpeg-devel] Searchable archives for ffmpeg-devel and ffmpeg-cvslog

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.software
Fri Sep 23 12:24:08 EEST 2016

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/23/16, Robert Krueger <krueger at lesspain.software> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking for searchable archives of ffmpeg-devel and ffmpeg-cvslog. I
> > used to use gmane but that seems to no longer work.
> >
> > Would be great if someone has a hint. I can't imagine that people out
> there
> > search ml archives by going through them month by month.
>
> Simply fetch all gziped archives on your local disk?

as a last resort, yes but find/grep is not really a good replacement for an
archive search. I just thought there must be a place where the mls of one
of the most important oss projects of the planet are archived in such a way.

I just found that they are both at mail-archive.com in case someone else is
looking.