[FFmpeg-devel] Resurrection of ffserver

Rostislav Pehlivanov atomnuker at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 23:27:53 EEST 2016

On 17 September 2016 at 20:58, Michael Fritscher <
michael.fritscher at telematik-zentrum.de> wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I read the sad news about ffservers a few days ago and have already
> written some mails to ffmpeg-user.
>
> I would like to step in to make ffserver maintainable and distributable
> again, especially because of the many users depending on ffserver -
> including myself. I'm capable of C and had made some tiny changes to ffmpeg
> already, but I'm a beginner regarding the architecture and "unwritten
> rules" of ffmpeg development. Additionally, I would like to discuss
> strategic decisions with the main developers to avoid useless work.

I really think ffserver is better off being in a separate repository. That
way there'd be some finer attention brought to keeping the API usable by
external users too. Same with the rest of the programs.
So yeah, if you want, just make a separate repository somewhere with only
ffserver.c and a configure + makefile and try to make something better and
usable.