[FFmpeg-devel] Dropping SDL1 support [VOTE]

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 14:11:52 EEST 2016

> On 9/15/2016 2:51 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>> Didn't we all agree yesterday that this makes the transition
>> less painful?
>
> Not all. Several mentioned on IRC that they didn't like it.

So development discussion has moved to irc (again)?

> That's why i started this vote, to see how many devs are
> effectively in favor or against and make the final decision
> official.

A vote on how evil the FFmpeg community is wrt to
new (and existing) contributors? Seriously?

>>> and especially since it makes maintaining
>>> ffplay more complex
>>
>> How?
>
> Having two separate codepaths, and needing to fix potential
> bugs in both.

Why?
I don't easily remember a "bug" in ffplay that needed fixing to
keep it 100% usable, there were many improvements and
there will be no reason to backport the future improvements.

Do you remember one?

Carl Eugen