[FFmpeg-devel] [VDD2016] Technical Discussion Results

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 21:26:50 EEST 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 6:01 AM, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/12/16, Thilo Borgmann <thilo.borgmann at mail.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > these are the resulting notes we've taken during the FFmpeg technical
> > discussion
> > during VDD 2016. We've ended up with two slides on the board and compn
> took
> > pictures of them. You can find them here:
> >
> > https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B53tgCAS2uUnVUpZN0U1WDE0MzQ?
> usp=sharing
> >
> > Additional info:
> >
> > - There were two more job offers compn forgotto write down. One from
> Alex at
> > Comcast to implement a perceptional video filter in lavfi for 4K, along
> with
> > mcdeint and denoise filters. Contact compn to get more information about
> > this.
> > Also Kodi is looking for python plugin developers. Compn also thinks that
> > they
> > are looking for Android devs, too.
> >
> > - The group working on ffv1 specification said they've also opportunities
> > for
> > work. However you've to contact the commission members at archivist
> > conferences.
> > I think we haven't got a list of these conferences, though.
> >
> > All the rest is on the slides, more or less in shape. In case anyone has
> > interest in going for one of these tasks and/or want to start a
> discussion,
> > feel
> > free to do so by posting to the mailing list.
>
> What means 'Real World Metric filters', 'RGB levels' and 'waveforms'?

The real world metric filters refers to a hypothetical, yet-to-be-written
libavfilter wrapper for Netflix' VMAF perceptual metric [1]. It would work
like vf_ssim or vf_psnr, but use VMAF. Output of individual metrics that
(in aggregate) make up VMAF would be interesting also.

Ronald

[1] https://github.com/Netflix/vmaf/