[FFmpeg-devel] [VDD2016] Technical Discussion Results

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Mon Sep 12 17:27:30 EEST 2016

Hi,

> On Sep 12, 2016, at 5:58 AM, Thilo Borgmann <thilo.borgmann at mail.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> these are the resulting notes we've taken during the FFmpeg technical discussion
> during VDD 2016. We've ended up with two slides on the board and compn took
> pictures of them. You can find them here:
>
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B53tgCAS2uUnVUpZN0U1WDE0MzQ?usp=sharing
>
> Additional info:
>
> - There were two more job offers compn forgotto write down. One from Alex at
> Comcast to implement a perceptional video filter in lavfi for 4K, along with
> mcdeint and denoise filters. Contact compn to get more information about this.
> Also Kodi is looking for python plugin developers. Compn also thinks that they
> are looking for Android devs, too.
>
> - The group working on ffv1 specification said they've also opportunities for
> work. However you've to contact the commission members at archivist conferences.
> I think we haven't got a list of these conferences, though.

I'm in the CELLAR working group (working on Matorka, FFV1, FLAC) and am also an archivist and can speak to this. The MediaConch project via PREFORMA has some funds to sponsor FFV1 and Matroska development during this year.

- Option to add CRCs to Top Level Elements in Matroska when muxing. http://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4347
- Support for selecting an Ordered Edition in mkv: http://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5698
- Bayer pixel format support in FFV1
- Support for additional color information in FFV1 to better handle lossless DPX->FFV1->DPX transfer while preserving characteristics such as if the sampling is logarithmic or linear.

Probably others. Feel welcome to suggest a bounty or send questions to myself or Jerome Martinez <Jerome at MediaArea.net>.

[...]

Best Regards,
Dave Rice