[FFmpeg-devel] lurking bugs in the mmx-related assembler code (?)

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 17:01:21 EEST 2016

> I do not expect that the ffmpeg developers take the trouble
> to install an extra build environment with a different libc,

(If I could just understand this sentence: Is it meant as
an insult? How do you expect the issue to be fixed? By
looking at the code? Seriously?)

I can confirm that there is an issue with current musl,
it is (for example) reproducible by calling
libavutil/tests/pixelutils which crashes every time and I
can confirm that adding an emms() call to av_free()
fixes the issue.

Carl Eugen

PS: There are several unrelated build issues. Either
they only happen here (which I consider unlikely) or
there is an - unknown - reason why the OP decided
not to tell us about those.