[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] Remove the ffserver program and the ffm muxer/demuxer
andreas.cadhalpun at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 28 00:34:42 EET 2016
On 27.11.2016 19:36, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> If somethig critical remains, please someone list exactly what that is.
> so reynaldo, i or others can go over the list and look into the issues
As far as I'm aware the following points are most problematic:
* ffserver uses internal functions, see FIXME in libavformat/libavformat.v
* ffserver uses the ffm format, which is incompatible with codecpar:
- It sets AVOptions of the stream->codec.
- It sets fields like qmin, which is not possible with codecpar.
* There is no working FATE test, so developers not using ffserver
can't really work on it for fear of breaking stuff.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel