[FFmpeg-devel] libavcodec : add psd image file decoder

Martin Vignali martin.vignali at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 01:15:16 EET 2016

Hello,

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 21:44:55 +0100, Martin Vignali wrote:
> > +        avpriv_request_sample(s->avctx, "ZIP without predictor
> compression");
> > +        return AVERROR_PATCHWELCOME;
> > +        break;
> > +    case 3:
> > +        avpriv_request_sample(s->avctx, "ZIP with predictor
> compression");
> > +        return AVERROR_PATCHWELCOME;
> > +        break;
>
> Are these the only two (detectable) unsupported features? I.e. all
> other error messages are true errors, not "unsupported"?

I think,  i use AVERROR_PATCHWELCOME, for each documented features, that
the decoder does not support.
Do you have a specific place where you think i return the wrong message ?

I mainly use this link, for the psd specification :
https://www.adobe.com/devnet-apps/photoshop/fileformatashtml/

@Rostislav :
> I don't think you need the checks, it was pointed out that
> ff_set_dimensions already does that.
> Also IIRC lavc doesn't support widths or heights over 16384 anyway.

Andreas ask why i choose 30 000 for check widths/heights
And the choice come from the Adobe documentation : "Supported range is 1 to
30,000."

But i doesn't know about the 16384 limit, in lavc. I wrongly suppose, it
was int max

So if this is the real limit value is under 30 000, you're right, the check
is not need.

Martin