[FFmpeg-devel] TR-03 implementation

Carlos Fernandez Sanz carlos at ccextractor.org
Sun Nov 13 09:48:14 EET 2016

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Ali KIZIL <alikizil at gmail.com> wrote:

> If someone wants to try, he can give a try, release a patch, it can be
> discussed in a discussion level. I really find saying such comments like "
> We don't need more broadcasting shit in ffmpeg." and "....and it is why
> FFmpeg is full of broken things and has a bad name in the professional
> world." annoying. Frankly speaking, as my own, I start to think maybe some
> people try to give intentional directions to FFmpeg.

And rumor has it, want to the broadcasting industry to other products.

One of the reasons apparently for not merging the SCTE-35 patch;
better never include that in ffmpeg and have the professional use and
pay for other products even though an implementation that doesn't
break anything at that has been revised 14 times has been posted here.

Reason not to merge? None, that just it "doesn't belong to FFmpeg".
And trying to merge it is not mature.