[FFmpeg-devel] Fwd: [devroom-managers] Open Media devroom FOSDEM 2017 - Call For Participation
kierank at obe.tv
Sat Nov 5 14:02:52 EET 2016
Following a successful Open Media room at FOSDEM 2015 and 2016, we are
organizing another Open Media room at FOSDEM 2017, and we are looking for
propositions of talks and panels. FOSDEM is one of the largest (5,000+
hackers!) gatherings of Free Software contributors in the world and happens
each February in Brussels (Belgium, Europe).
This year, the Open Media devroom will take place on:
Sunday, February 5th, 2017.
# About the Open Media devroom
The Open Media room will focus on all Free & Open Source media projects,
including software and hardware, spanning from building audio & video
applications, through standards, formats, codecs, video analytics and
search to Web video, IPTV, broadcasting and radio practices and much more.
If you're interested in video, image or audio technologies, and the breadth
of available open source technologies and communities for media - the Open
Media room is for you! For more information about the previous year
# CFP Guidelines
The deadline for submission is: December 1st 2016 (Thursday).
* To submit your proposal, visit:
* A typical presentation will last for up to 20 minutes, with an additional
5 minutes Q&A and 5 minutes for speaker switching/prep in between. Panel
discussions may last up to 35 minutes. (Feel free to ask if you want to
have a longer or a shorter slot.)
IMPORTANT: Please make sure to select **”Open Media devroom”** track for
* You will need to create an account (or use your account from previous
years) and then go to "create event”, and add the details of your
* Selected talks will be notified by December 11th 2016.
* All sessions will be recorded and be made available under CC-BY licence
by FOSDEM at https://video.fosdem.org/ .
# Your submission must include the following information
* The title and subtitle of your talk (please be descriptive).
* select **”Open Media devroom”** as the track.
* 1 paragraph detailing what the talk will discuss, and why attendees
should attend it.
* A longer description if you have more details to share.
* Links to related material/websites/blogs etc.
The official communication channel is the Open Media devroom mailinglist.
Join the list at: https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/open-media-devroom
You may also be interested in joining the Open Source community from the
European Broadcasting Union on: https://tech.ebu.ch/groups/opensource
And please don't hesitate to contact us for more information!
Christophe, Adi, Frans and Kieran,
On behalf of the Open Media devroom.
devroom-managers mailing list
devroom-managers at lists.fosdem.org
More information about the ffmpeg-devel