[FFmpeg-devel] [OPW] OPW Project Proposal

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Nov 2 02:44:45 EET 2016

On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 05:00:09AM +0530, Pallavi Kumari wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I have attached a working patch with the mail. PFA.
>
> Usage:
>

> ./ffmpeg -i kpg.mp3 -filter_complex peakpoints=input=kpg.mp3:wsize=16

I realize now, theres a mistake in this, you must provide a output
as in
./ffmpeg -i kpg.mp3 -af peakpoints -f null -

without some output like  "-f null -" it wont read the file fully and
wont pass it through filter_frame()

you could see this failure as in:
./ffmpeg -i ~/videos/matrixbench_mpeg2.mpg -af volumedetect  -f null -
vs.
./ffmpeg -i ~/videos/matrixbench_mpeg2.mpg -af volumedetect

you get the histogram from the volume detect filter in the first case
but not the 2nd.

Many things microsoft did are stupid, but not doing something just because
microsoft did it is even more stupid. If everything ms did were stupid they
would be bankrupt already.