[FFmpeg-devel] IRC meeting

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Thu May 19 11:51:44 CEST 2016

On 5/19/16, Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 10:33:23PM +0200, Paul B Mahol wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to propose to have an FFmpeg IRC meeting on
>> the Saturday of the next week, Saturday May 28,
>> UTC 17.
>>
>> Candidate topics of the day:
>
>>  - Code of Conduct and policy around it
>
> does this affect the current vote ?
> i mean should we set the end date for the current vote before the
> meeting to have some agreed basis to start from OR
> should we wait for the meeting first, which could cause
> delays in having any CoC, if we restart the process and do more rounds
> of changes and comments, each requiring to wait to give people time
> to comment before a final vote
> what do people prefer ?

This one is more about what if Code of Conduct is violated and actions
to be taken after that.
Until now there where no rules at all and everyone could do anything
if he/she wanted and where virtually no consequences if one did permanent
damage to the project.

>>  - technical development issues
>>  - misc topics
>>
>> Feel free to propose other topics.
>
> Iam not sure but
> Ideas about encouraging people to work on bugs and especially
> regressions.
>
> FFmpeg funding/donations, whats the current status, can we fund some
> developers to do important work, and if needed ideas to increase funds
> & donations (i think its needed)

That one is interesting to have.

> AVClass, I need to know if [3.1 - 4.0[ should have a AVClass in
> AVCodecParameters or not, as its a question that must be awnsered
> before the next release and cant be added afterwards

IIRC some devs appears to be against it?