[FFmpeg-devel] CONFIG_W64_DEMUXER and dead-code elimination

Bruce Dawson brucedawson at google.com
Tue May 10 19:22:53 CEST 2016

BTW, the reason I suggested the CONFIG_W64_DEMUXER patch that started this
email thread is because the pre-release version of VS 2015 Update 3 can't
handle that code as-is. Microsoft might change their compiler before the
officially release of Update 3, but currently ffmpeg (in Chromium at least)
doesn't build with VS 2015 Update 3 pre-release without some sort of
workaround for the reference to a symbol from w64.c.

FWIW.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 9:06 PM, Matt Oliver <protogonoi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 April 2016 at 01:49, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
>
> > Matt Oliver <protogonoi <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > Even so icl does also suffer from issues when using lto
> > > with optimised builds aswell so its not just limited to
> > > debug builds.
> >
> > Can you confirm that this is Windows-only, ie that lto
> > works fine on Linux with the Intel compiler?
> > (It did work fine when I last tested.)
> >

> I dont have icc in front of me at the moment but last time i checked it was
> fine as its meant to interop with gcc so it often functions similarly. On
> the other hand icl is designed to interop with msvc so as a result can
> suffer from similar issues.

Bruce Dawson